The Format commands are typically run to prepare a new logical drives for use after Fdisked hard drive - enabling the installation of an operating system, application programs & eventual user data. The format command has been around for a long time, formerly they were stand alone DOS programs before being integrated into Windows.
When a drive has been formatted, the all data would disappear.
Download and install EaseUS free data recovery software just like you do with any regular program. When you run it, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition displays the window like the one below. And then click "Complete Recovery".
Note: If the hard disk has mistakenly deleted volumes, hidden volumes, drives with failed operation/file system, you should use "Partition Recovery".
Download and install notice: please do not download and install the exe file on a partition you lost files.
2. Select the file types you want to recover. Tick 'Search all lost files automatically' to find all lost file types. Tick 'Ignore bad sectors' to skip bad sectors when scanning.
3. The second screen on the "Complete Recovery" tool will display a list of volumes found on the drives found in your system. If the volume does not have a drive letter, then the volume will be listed at the hindmost and the drive letter will be instead by "*".
4. You should choose the volume that was formatted and click "NEXT" to start searching on this volume.
5. The Intelligent Searching module will scan on the selected volume, collect and analyze every byte on the volume, then show you a list of volumes which are possible on it.
6. After this scanning is finished, Data Recovery Wizard will permit you choosing 4 volumes at best to recover the data. And then, press "NEXT" button. The Data Recovery Wizard will launch the "Building directory" procedure to searching the files. You will see file/folder tree very soon.
7. Select the file or directory that you want to recover and press the "Next" button.
8. Select a directory and press the "NEXT" button to save the data.
Caution: Saving file(s) to the partition or drive where you are recovering data, for it may result in overwriting data and permanent data loss!
Please see "Complete Recovery" for more details.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition can only recover 2GB files, if you want to recover files more than 2GB, you need to purchase EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. How to continue free version's recovery without rescanning by full version?
Back up your data with free backup software.
Thanks for visiting EaseUS, please share your data recovery experience with us, which will help us improve this article and make it more useful to others. Should you need technical support please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.